|Real Name||Matthew Alexis Busek|
|Stage Name|| Da Kurlzz|
St. Claire (formerly)
|Born||April 1, 1982 (age 33)|
|Family|| Unnamed father|
|Position|| vocals, unclean vocals|
Da Kurlzz is one of the six current members of Hollywood Undead. Da Kurlzz very rarely records vocals for HU's songs. He does, however, record a lot of backing vocals, most of which are unclean vocals.
Da Kurlzz is the drummer (percussion drums) for the band. He doesn't often record vocals for the band, but does do a fair amount of unclean vocals. He was the 4th member to join the band.
Da Kurlzz's mask in 2006 was basic white with black lips. Before that, he wore a white mask that only covered around his eyes.
Da Kurlzz's mask had a smiley face on its left side and an angry face on his other. He had a grey line splitting them apart.
Da Kurlzz's faces got switched around with a huge smile being on the left and the angry on the right. The angry side has red arteries that light up. The line that splits it is white, and it also lights up.
Da Kurlzz's mask has a big difference. The mask is still half-and-half. The left side of the mask is white, and the right side is dark red with brown scales. The red half of the mask is supposed to resemble half of his face blown off and the white half to be melted. The mask lights up, making the blown off half mainly bright red. Neither of the faces feature the half smile like his previous masks did.
Da Kurlzz's mask is still half-and-half. The left side of the mask is still white but the right side is now gunmetal grey. The white half of his mask is angry while the grey half is the smiling one. It no longer lights up like it did in the previous two renditions.
- Bottle and a Gun
- California (background vocals)
- City (unclean vocals)
- Everywhere I Go (background vocals)
- No Other Place (background vocals)
- Sell Your Soul (background vocals)
- No. 5
- The Natives
- Undead (unclean vocals; background vocals)
- Apologize (clean vocals; background vocals)
- Been to Hell (background vocals; unclean vocals)
- Lump Your Head (background vocals)
- My Town (background vocals)
- Street Dreams (background vocals)
- Tendencies (unclean vocals)
- Disease (background vocals; unclean vocals)
- Day of the Dead (background vocals)
- How We Roll (background vocals)
- Let Go
- He picked his stage name because of his predominant feature of curly hair. During the recording process of American Tragedy, his hair was especially curly. A lot of it was cut off and partially straightened during studio sessions for Notes from the Underground.
- He is a Miley Cyrus fan.
- He made a minor appearance in the 30th episode of The Amanda Show in 2001.
- As an inside joke between the band, he is usually teased by the Hollywood Undead members and often called gay, especially by Charlie but he's not really gay.
- He sang Chapter Four with Avenged Sevenfold on a tour.
- He went through a scene phase when he was a teenager.
- He has a tattoo of his mask on his left arm.
- He is a part of a group called Sunset Rat Pack. Every member of the group has the name tattooed to them.
- He is also a host of the Sunset Rat Pack's radioshow. Two other members of the group, Austin Carlile from the band Of Mice & Men and clothing designer Tal Cooperman from CRSL host it as well.
- His Twitter account is "MattyKurlzz"
- His Instagram is "mattykurlzzla"
- He cried when he first heard the band on the radio.
- Due to some incorrectly sourced information, it is commonly believed that his real name is Matthew St. Claire, when this is not actually correct. He stated in an interview that "St. Claire" is part of an old stage name that he later abandoned.
|Charlie Scene • Da Kurlzz • Danny • Funny Man • J-Dog • Johnny 3 Tears|
|Deuce • Shady Jeff • The Phantasm|
|Former Touring Members|
|Biscuitz • Daren Pfeifer|